4th Annual Cyber Law Conference in Pretoria, South Africa
October 27, 2009 to October 29, 2009
THE FARM INN COUNTRY HOTEL
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Fourth Annual South African Cyber Law Conference is a must-attend event for managers of ICT companies, lawyers, law academics, legal advisers and anyone interested in ICT law.
The conference theme this year is: Technology and the Law Converge.
Cyber Law Specialists 2009 include the Honorable Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development Jeffrey Radebe, and numerous specialized local lawyers, academics and business leaders.
- The role of technology in ensuring compliance
- Demystifying electronic signatures in South Africa
- Law meets Technology: Digital Commissioners of oaths
- Broadband regulation – for better or worse?
- Standards and Testing
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Forensic Challenges for handling incidents and crime in cyberspace
- Towards Techno-Judiciary in SA: ICT and management of cases in courts
- Technical issues inherent in the technology of ICT on the admissibility of electronic evidence
- E-commerce in the international context
- The impact of “free” and “Open Business Models in the legal principles
- Metatags as trademarks
- Privacy in SA: Understanding and Planning
- Building a Framework for Compliance Management
Just like previous conferences it can be expected that to meet with lawyers and telecommunications technology not only South Africa but worldwide, and the programs will present the latest international information, timely and cutting-edge and legal knowledge. Do not miss the opportunity to interact with leading experts worldwide in this dynamic environment.
The ICT sector is identified by governments, private sector institutions and other institutions developmentrelated a growth engine for the African continent. As important as the ICT for development and growth, much more important is the law that governs this area of rapid exponential development – Technology Law / Cyber Law.
Who should attend
Heads of Departments (IT and legal)
This is the ideal opportunity for both lawyers of ICT and ICT professionals and managers to share knowledge and also lawyers, in general, become more aware of the role of ICT in practice today.
•Transparent Data Encryption: New Technologies and Best Practices for Database Encryption
•Security Summit East 2009
•RSA Europe 2009 Conference in London, UK
•Oracle Technology Day: Security Seminar
•Oracle EDS Identity Management Internet Seminar